Gods, Goddesses, and Togas

Cheyenne elevated their spirits celebrating the beloved high school tradition of Homecoming with an Ancient Greece theme.

Juniors Jessie Duytschaever, Cameron McKerlie, and Marcella Bee flex their best togas for Toga Day in Zeus’ hallway under the lightning bolts, exerting their strength together. Photo Credit: Chris Moody

Chris Moody, Editor-in-Chief

Welcome to Ancient Greece. Halls and corridors throughout the school are adorned with olive branches, puffs of clouds, lightning bolts, and white and gold balloons radiating the feel of Mount Olympus. Cheyenne elevated their spirits celebrating the beloved high school tradition of Homecoming with an Ancient Greece theme.

Homecoming’s Spirit Week was a release from the throes of enduring COVID-19, where for five days, students could reveal their growing school spirit through various festivities. 

Each hallway was decorated with famous Greek gods and goddesses, capturing the likes of Aphrodite, Zeus, Poseidon, and Apollo and Artemis, inspiring students to adorn their outfits with Greek regalia. 

The days brought a buffet of good looks and boisterous creativity, as Dress like an Olympian, Maroon vs. White, Pink vs. Green, Zeus vs. Hades, and Toga Day provided ample room to support full fashion.