Crimson and Slate Dazzles at Cheyenne Mountain High School

Cheyenne Mountain High School’s A Capella group Crimson and Slate performed in the Lloyd Shaw Auditorium Friday, February 11.

• Crimson and Slate break apart to sing some of their hits individually. Photo Credit: Lindsey Zamboni-Cutter

• Ms. Wisdom, Cheyenne’s Choir teacher, prepares the crowd for the stunning performance they are nearing. Photo Credit: Lindsey Zamboni-Cutter

• Junior Emma Lee showcases her original song, “Clean.” Photo Credit: Lindsey Zamboni-Cutter

• Crimson and Slate sing song after song, dazzling the crowd. Photo Credit: Lindsey Zamboni-Cutter

Cheyenne Mountain High School’s Crimson and Slate was one of ten groups in the United States that were selected to perform in the National A Cappella Convention High School Showcase this March in Orlando, Florida. 

Crimson and Slate performed fourteen songs on Friday, including Roy Orbison’s, “Oh, Pretty Woman,” and Ariana Grande’s, “No Tears Left to Cry.” Members Junior Emma Lee, Senior Maddie Schoen, and Senior Emma Steinbruner performed original songs. Seniors Weller Dorff and Ella Dill also showcased the songs, “Wicked Little Town” and “Don’t Know Why,” singing for college auditions. 

The singing was impressive and paired with energetic dancing. Most spectacular were the originals. Each original had beautiful and meaningful lyrics. You could hear the emotion in each of the songwriter’s voices as they sang. 

Braving the snow was well worth the magical concert Crimson and Slate gave to the audience.